Instant messaging platform Telegram has finally launched a video calling feature. The company has launched this new feature keeping in mind the demand of the users in the Corona period and to compete with the app like Zoom. It has been launched for both Android and iOS users.
For security reasons, video calling will be end-to-end encrypted just like messaging. The company announced the launch of the feature in April.
How to use this feature?
- For video calling, you need to open another user’s profile.
- Calling can then be done by clicking on the video calling icon.
- Currently, however, the company has only launched a one-to-one video calling feature. The group calling feature will be launched soon.
- The funny thing is that it has picture-in-picture video calling support. This means that the user can enjoy calling even at the time of chat scrolling.
- Voice and video calls can also be switched.
- A few days ago, a new feature was added to the Telegram. It had new emojis and stickers as well as security upgrades. The company will soon launch a new feature aimed at video calling. The Telegram app has received over 50 crore downloads on the Play Store. The app ranks fourth in the communication category.