Transfer Talk: Arsenal ready to sell Nicolas Pepe
The coronavirus pandemic made the summer transfer market different than all the previous ones, but there were still many deals made, and it may take a look at the main ones here. The window might be closed on the major leagues in Europe, but here are the best rumors from around the world.
Gunners losing patience with Pepe
Arsenal is ready to sell Nicolas Pepe after his disappointing performances in North London so far, the Daily Star reports.
The 25-year-old scored against Molde in the Europa League on Thursday, amending his dismissal against Leeds the previous weekend, but has yet to fulfill the promise he showed while playing for Lille.
– Notebook: the worst losers in the Bundesliga, United’s Wan-Bissaka problem
The Gunners have internally admitted that they paid above the odds for the Ivory Coast international, having agreed to an initial £ 22 million deal and another £ 50 million in add-ons to lure him from the French club in August 2019.
Arsenal are reportedly now ready to let the winger leave if a suitable offer comes through. However, they are looking to avoid a situation similar to Mesut Ozil, so coach Mikel Arteta has been told to handle the situation carefully to maintain the player’s market value.
Martínez makes a move to leave Inter
Lautaro Martinez seems increasingly desperate to leave Internazionale, and Marca says he has made his biggest move yet to force a way out.
It is suggested that the Argentine international has put transfer guru Jorge Mendes in charge of finding him a new club.
So far, Beto Yaque and Rolando Zárate have represented the forward and, although they will continue to be his agents as well, Mendes will take over the search for a new club.
There have been links with Barcelona and Real Madrid in recent months, but so far nothing has come to fruition.
Barcelona ready to sell Dembélé
Barcelona is open to the idea of selling Ousmane Dembele, reports Mundo Deportivo.
There have been various links between the winger and Manchester United, but Barça is said to be holding between € 70 million and € 80 million, which the Red Devils are unwilling to pay.
The Catalan giants are not willing to let the Frenchman leave on loan, as they hope to use whatever commission they are charged to sign Eric Garcia Manchester City.
However, Dembélé’s contract comes to an end in 2022, and Barcelona don’t want to let him reach his final year.
– L’Equipe has revealed that Maxime lopez you will be allowed to join Sassuolo for just 3 million euros. The 22-year-old is currently on loan to the Serie A team from Marseille and Sassuolo have the option to buy him. If the permanent deal is completed, Marseille will receive 30% of the fees made on any future sales.
– Bojan krkic He is currently weighing his options after the Montreal Impact was eliminated from the MLS playoffs. Sport reports that, in addition to an offer from his current club, the Spaniard has received the interest of Saint Etienne and the New England Revolution, among others. The 30-year-old has not ruled out the possibility of staying, but is also considering moving elsewhere.