The captain of Spain retires with a purpose within the final second and the Olympic bronze within the Tokyo Video games that culminates his profession.
- Bronze in handball This era may solely stroll away on the rostrum
- Soccer Spain, of molten silver, loses the ultimate towards Brazil
“How does it feel to see the track now?”, And after the query Raúl Entrerríos he appears on the observe, empty, ready for the ultimate of the Video games that France will win, he appears on the journalist, he appears again on the observe, he stares at it for some time and breaks.
The chief of Spain, usually a relaxed and serene man, maybe essentially the most calm and serene man on the earth – with out exaggeration – has been very delicate for a couple of days, even shocked by a lot feeling. After the semifinals, he already broke right into a blended zone and the identical occurs when he gained the Olympic bronze towards Egypt, earlier than going as much as the rostrum that he lacked, when he attends to numerous media. In 20 years of profession, he already had a World Cup, two Europeans, three Champions League, 11 Leagues and plenty of different titles.
“He is the best Spanish player in history,” he describes Gonzalo Pérez de Vargas Earlier than the microphones, a consideration that the entire workforce subscribes to, and with that title Entrerríos is now retiring to work within the Barcelona quarry and, ultimately, grow to be a profitable coach.
- So, excuse me, how does it really feel to see the observe now?
- It’s troublesome to place into phrases what I really feel proper now. I’m proud to have completed my profession on this means. I’m leaving completely satisfied as a result of I’ve had the privilege of getting a profession surrounded by nice individuals. I am unable to think about a greater ending.
- By no means, not even after successful a World Cup, had he proven himself like this.
- They’ve been emotionally troublesome days. It is arduous to consider what it means to get to the top of your profession, what it means to place all this on maintain. After I left the Villa I needed to do a focus train due to that: I knew it was my remaining level and I could not cease fascinated with it, however I needed to comply with the sport plan and win the sport. Now I can say that I’m going calm and completely satisfied and that this bronze medal tastes like glory to me.
- Speak about what it means to achieve the top of your profession. Inform me what second you keep in mind essentially the most now.
- I keep in mind so much in regards to the starting, when my mother and father took my sister, my brother and me to play wherever and at any time. Then I started to meet goals, I went via sophisticated moments of these during which I needed to swallow and stand up … I do not know, now I feel so much about my household, my spouse and my youngsters, who’re those to whom I’ll take this medal.
- What legacy does Raúl Entrerríos go away behind?
- I’ve all the time tried to be an trustworthy and hardworking participant. I’ve accomplished my greatest in each coaching session and in each sport. I’ve tried to indicate my dedication and my need. After which I’ve been lucky sufficient to belong to extraordinary teams each on the membership degree and on the nationwide workforce degree. I hope that in the long run my work shall be above all.
Communicate Entrerríos after essentially the most stunning farewell that’s remembered. Within the final second of their final match, when Spain had already sentenced the match for bronze due to a purpose from Alex Dujshebaev, obtained the captain and launched himself towards the rival purpose. A purpose already within the twilight, what higher ending. On the finish, Entrerríos hugged all of his teammates, one after the other, and later he was manteado. With him they may also go away Julen Aginagalde,Viran Morros, Joan Cañellas,Dani Sarmiento and perhaps Gideon Guardiola -he left open the door of 2024- in what shall be a sudden generational change, exaggerated. “It is possible that now it is necessary to pass a transition time, a few lower years,” acknowledged the coach Jordi Ribera, that on the identical time he admitted that any toll shall be price it for having loved this golden age.
- One final purpose, within the final second, of the final sport, within the final Video games.
- It has been liberating, actually. Seeing how in these final seconds the work was already accomplished was good. It was troublesome to get well after falling within the semifinals, to get again as much as compete till the top, however I knew that this group may do it.
- At all times speak in regards to the group, by no means about you.
- It’s that in sport you might be no person with out the group. Irrespective of how good you might be. For us it was crucial to be in these Olympic Video games, with the absence of Rio we dwell in our personal flesh what it prices to be right here and now we will say that our names are among the many Olympic medalists. I’ve solely contributed my grain of sand to that.
- Do you suppose you’ll really feel the vacancy of handball so much?
- No, I do know it was time to stop. In recent times I’ve been getting ready in any respect ranges to just accept it and it is rather clear to me. As a result of pandemic, I’ve had the chance to compete for yet one more yr and it has been a rare yr at a sporting degree.