- OnePlus has announced through the forum that OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro smartphone users can download the latest Android 11 beta as part of the Developer Preview Program.
OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro are the latest smartphones to get Android 11 Beta 1 update. For users who want to download Android 11 to their OnePlus 8 series smartphone, OnePlus has shared the download link for them, through which they can install it manually. Let me tell you, recently, Google released Android 11 beta for its Pixel device, only after OnePlus has released it for their device. Oppo and Xiaomi have also announced that the latest Android 11 Beta 1 will be released in their smartphones in the coming days. Please tell that beta update comes with many bugs, so be careful before downloading this version in your daily use smartphone.
OnePlus has announced through the forum that OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro smartphone users can download the latest Android 11 beta as part of the Developer Preview Program. This update is for app developers and advanced users who want to test Android 11. This is not for users who use their OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro in general. To get this update, users will need to flash their phone and delete all existing device data. Those who are not aware of the method of installing developer preview, it is better if people do not risk getting this update.
Before starting the process of installing the latest Android 11 Beta 1, do not forget to backup all the necessary data from your OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro smartphones. OnePlus has listed some of the problems with the Android 11 update, including the unavailability of Face Unlock and problems with Google Assistant. The video calling feature also did not work with Android 11 beta 1 and some UI screens also looked less effective.
How to Install Android 11 beta 1 on OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro
For both OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro, you can download Android 11 Beta 1 from the company’s website. However, before updating, keep in mind that your phone battery is charged more than 30 percent and your phone’s storage is available at least 3 GB.
- Go to the company’s website link and download the upgrade zip package.
- Now copy this upgrade package to your phone’s storage.
- Now go to Settings then System and then System Update. Now click on the icon at the top right and then tap on Local upgrade. Now you have to click on the Corresponding installation package. Tap on Upgrade here and then do a 100 percent system update.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Now your phone has been successfully updated.