20.6 C
London
Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Will Smith’s ‘Bad Boys 4’ and Netflix project ‘Put on Hold’ after Chris Rock slap: Report

Another blow for Will Smith: his film Netflix project ‘Fast and Lose’ as well as the sequel ‘Bad Boys 4’ have been ‘quietly moved to the back burner.’

Result Will Smith continues. After the dramatic slapping incident Chris Rock The 53-year-old actor’s upcoming film projects have been put on hold at the 94th Academy Awards ceremony on March 27. Will’s Netflix Movie fast and loose According to a report from, “Quietly taken to the back burner” by the streaming giant Hollywood Reporter published on 2nd April bad boys for Life (aka bad boys 4) will also be “stopped” by Sony, while Smith is already receiving 40 pages of a script. hollywoodlife Both Sony and Netflix have been contacted for comment on the respective films.

Will Smith at the Oscars. (Stephen Lovekin/Shutterstock)

Last Sunday was really complicated for Will. Despite achieving the highest achievement of his career after winning the Best Actor trophy King RichardThe victory was tainted by a shocking slap. The incident was brought about by a joke in reference to the Rock. Jada Pinkett SmithBald head, which results from alopecia brought on by an auto-immune disorder. ,gi gen 2‘Can’t wait to see this,'” The Rock said on stage. While Will initially seemed to laugh, Jada didn’t seem thrilled—and seconds later, Will was slapping the comedian.

Will Smith and Chris Rock
Will Smith and Chris Rock at the 2022 Oscars (Photo: Rob Latour / Shutterstock)

In particular, it was confusing for the audience in the house and the audience members in the room if there was little joke – but it soon became clear after that that the controversy was very real. “Will Smith slapped me,” remarked Chris awkwardly. Then shouted twice, “Keep my wife’s name out of your f—— mouth.” There are conflicting reports about whether or not Will was asked to leave the Dolby Theater — but he has since resigned from the Academy, meaning he can no longer vote at the Oscars.

“The list of people I have hurt is long and includes Chris, his family, many of my dear friends and loved ones, everyone in attendance and the global audience at home,” his statement said. “I have betrayed the trust of the Academy. I denied the other nominees and winners the opportunity to celebrate and celebrate their extraordinary work. My heart is broken.” She also apologized directly to Chris on social media earlier this week.

For other upcoming projects, new prince of bel air The alum has already shot for the yet-to-be-released Apple+ project Freedom, The Das-themed project is currently in post-production, and is expected to be released in 2022. However, Apple has not announced the exact release date.

Don’t Trust On this News and Website Maybe it’s Fake

Reference from hollywoodlife.com

Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news