among Almanac on which it happens June 17 Around the world, the outbreak of political scandal watergate in the United States, which occurred in 1972 and led to the resignation of the President Richard Nixon,
It was about the theft of documents in the offices watergateThe headquarters of the National Committee of the Democratic Party in Washington DC, the case involved prominent American political leaders and then heads of state.
“Five men, one of whom claims to be a former CIA employee, were arrested yesterday, Saturday, at 2:30 p.m. while attempting what officials described as an elaborate plan to spy on the committee’s offices. National Democratic Party in Washington”, was the news published by the newspaper Washington Post On 17 June 1972.
Richard Nixon was the first US President to resign.
On July 24, 1974, the Supreme Court of the United States required the White House to release recordings made at that scene. Nixon Tapes overturned, revealing he tried to get the CIA to block the FBI’s investigation watergate case,
Meanwhile, after a legal case opened up and a social outcry, Nixon Resigned as President of the United States without admitting any guilt for what happened and was replaced by his vice president, Gerald Ford, who published a full pardon for Nixon a few months after his inauguration, Through which he took all kinds of responsibility in the matter.
On the other hand, a June 17 2016 died Ruben AguirreMexican actor recognized for his role in “Professor Giraffes”As a result of a picture of pneumonia when he was 82
Ruben Aguirre played several characters in Chespirito’s shows.
Aguirre met, a graduate of the “Hermanos Escobar” Higher School of Agriculture in Mexico Roberto Gomez BolaosWith whom he formed a great friendship between 1968 and 1969 after the programs Los Supergenios de la Mesa Cuadrada and Chespirotadas, where both performed sketches.
There he made the character of Professor GiraffelessWhich would later lead to the Chavo Dell 8. He had previously acted in Chaplin Colorado (1970–1992) as Rufino Rufian.
Panchang June 17
- World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought
- Latin American Independence Day (in Argentina)
- 1239 – Edward I of England is born.
- 1397 – The Kalmar Union is established between Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.
- 1789 – Meeting of the Estates General in France and the Third Estate declares itself the National Assembly.
- 1821 – General Martín Miguel de Guémes dies, defender of the northern frontier against imperial invasion.
- 1852 – Argentina recognizes the independence of Paraguay.
- 1873 – Spanish painter Eduardo Chicharo was born.
- 1874 – Venezuelan writer Rufino Blanco was born.
- 1882 – Russian composer Igor Stravinsky was born.
- 1885 – The Statue of Liberty arrives in New York.
- 1905 – Maximo Gómez, the hero of Cuban independence, dies.
- 1914 – Julian Marias, Spanish philosopher, sociologist, and essayist, was born.
- 1928 – American aviator Amelia Earhart takes off in her airplane from Newfoundland, attempting to cross the Atlantic, a feat she happily accomplishes in Wales.
- 1931 – The Las Ventas bullring is inaugurated in Madrid, also known as “La Monument”, with a bullfight for the benefit of unemployed workers.
- 1936 – Ken Loach, British film director, was born.
- 1939 – Krzysztof Zanussi, Polish film director, was born.
- 1940 – The Soviet Union invades the Baltic countries.
- 1944 – The Republic of Iceland is proclaimed.
- 1956 – Manuel Prado Ugarteche is elected President of Peru.
- 1962 – Brazil beat Czechoslovakia 3–1 and win the seventh World Cup.
- 1967 – China detonates its first hydrogen bomb.
- 1971 – Paulina Rubio, Mexican singer, was born.
- 1972 – The Watergate scandal unfolds.
- 1988 – Microsoft releases MS DOS 4.0.
- 1991 – The South African Parliament abolishes “apartheid” for four decades, by a majority vote on the racial classification of the population, repealing the law.
- 1992 – The death of Argentine singer Daniele Riolobos.
- 1994 – The Football World Cup begins in the USA.
- 1996 – American philosopher Thomas S. Kuhn died.
- 1998 – Gianni Lunadei, Argentine actor of Italian descent, dies.
- 2007 – Italian fashion designer Gianfranco Ferre died.
- 2008 – Cyd Charisse, American dancer and actress, died.
- 2008 – Day 1 of California legalizing same-sex marriage.
- 2009 – Argentine filmmaker Alejandro Doria dies.
- 2009 – Actor and Uruguayan radio host Fernando Pea dies.
- 2009 – Argentine actor Oscar Ferreiro dies.
- 2011 – The government of Morocco, headed by Mohammed VI, approves a new constitution.
- 2012 – American Rodney King, a victim of police brutality, dies.
- 2015 – Argentine racing driver Denis Martin died.
- 2015 – Nine people are killed in a massacre at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina.
- 2015 – The United States Treasury announces that the image of Alexander Hamilton on the $10 bill would be replaced by an image of a woman.
- 2016 – Rubén Aguirre, the Mexican actor best known for his role as “Professor Giraffles”, has died.
Don’t Trust On this News and Website Maybe it’s Fake
Reference from clarin www.clarin.com