Actor and director Alec Baldwin made headlines on October 22 when a prop gun accident on the set of the film Rust ended the life of the cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza.
Although the actor, who was manipulating the weapon at the time, said in an interview in ABC that he had not pulled the trigger, Hutchins’ father made statements and insists on the guilt of the interpreter.
“I can’t understand Alec’s behavior. Why did he delete his tweets when it became clear that the shooting happened in a rehearsal? And why did he shoot during the preparations? The revolver is a type of weapon that is not fired before the trigger is pressed and Alec is partially guilty of causing that shot, “said Anatoly Androsovych, father of the victim.
Alec Baldwin sent a message of thanks to his followers.
A sorry father
In an interview with the British newspaper The Sun, Androsovych added: “It’s clear to me that Baldwin shot, so it’s hard for me to understand how can he not be held partially responsible for the death of my daughter“. Halyn Hutchins’ father refers to the fact that the artist deleted his Twitter profile shortly after his interview on ABC.
Attention has not only been focused on Baldwin, since Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, in charge of the weapons of the film, and David Halls, assistant director, are also in the spotlight, because they were supposedly in charge of reviewing the revolver before rehearsal and make sure it had blanks and not real bullets.
Hutchins’ father also revealed to The Sun how was the victim’s son, called Andros and who is just nine years old. “I do not know if one day he will fully recover. He is slowly returning to normal life, but this has been a great shock for everyone,” he lamented.
The investigation of the accident continues, although so far no charges have been filed. Several civil lawsuits have been filed against Baldwin, who is also a co-producer of the film. Moreover, according to the site Screen rant, the Santa Fe police department obtained a court order to seize the actor’s cell phone to add information about the incident.
A photo of Halyna Hutchins, at a tribute at the place where she died. Photo: REUTERS
Baldwin’s message to his followers
Alec Baldwin, who walked away from the media after the fatal accident in which Hutchins died, sent a message from his Instagram account, where he has 2.4 million followers. “I want to take a moment tothank all those who sent me kind words at this time, to the people who sent me good wishes and hope. It’s all very sad, “he said in a video.
From a place in the open air and with a broken voice, he added: “There were hundreds and hundreds of emails and messages from family, friends, colleagues and the public that gave me strength to go through this very difficult situation, I am very grateful for that. There is not a day that I don’t think about the tragic situation that happened and I take refuge in the love of my wife and my children. “
In the video published a few hours ago, Baldwin, after a few moments in silence, continues: “To all those who give me their support I wish you a Merry Christmas. I feel fortunate to have a family. And I ask you, these days, take care of yourselves and wear a chinstrap, please “.
Reference from clarin