Classically trained as a lyrical vocalist, Finnish tarja Turunen immediately rose to prominence on the heavy metal scene in the late 90s with the band Nightwish. He achieved international success with the album eleven And shortly after he launched himself as a solo artist and lived in Buenos Aires with his Argentine partner for about 15 years.
Both because of Nightwish’s popularity and his own record among the Argentine public, as well as his status as a local, played many times in the country And he has a huge number of fans. Now, after postponing his 2020 tour due to the pandemic, he will resume live shows and continue Thursday 21 At the El Circulo Theater in April Rosary beads And this Friday 22 on Broadway Buenos AiresWithin the framework of their “Raw Tour 2022”.
Tarja Turunen. Press Photo/Tim Tronkoe
The idea is to be able to present their latest studio album live, inside the rawReleased in 2019 and featuring a combination of her classic voice with sophisticated and sophisticated orchestration, choirs and a raw and deep musical underpinnings.
Cover of Tarja Turunen’s latest album, “In the Raw”.
From her new home in Marseille, Tarja also recalls her intense activity during the pandemic years and the difficulties she had to overcome. He speaks English and Spanish ambiguously, also combining one language when he is speaking in another.
“In March 2020 – they remember – I had a European tour, because I just started touring inside the rawBut I had to stop and send everyone home. Last year I only did a few short festivities and a few Christmas lessons. nothing more! This is going to be my first tour after March 2020.”
I agree, at the beginning of the quarantine you didn’t like the idea of getting a little rest?
– I didn’t want that. We were shocked because we had a concert in Marseille, with the stage setting up and all. And the day of the show had to be suspended. I went to talk to the fans who were devastated, and told my entire team that we would definitely be up again soon.
Tarja Turunen. Photo: Press/Courtesy Tim Tronco.
And it was almost two years.
-Yes. Of course I was happy to be home with my daughter and my family. I was an absent mother for so many years! But the start of the quarantine ended as a shock on a psychological level and my body didn’t understand what was happening. I was seized by chronic inflammation that was incomprehensible due to the fact that I stopped for the first time in decades. My body felt the effect.
-How did you get well?
One day I decided I couldn’t fight against the universe and started writing new songs and playing the piano. I felt more creative and better, but it took time for the body to recover.
a side project and a book
Late last year, Tarja stunned us with several solo releases with Torsten Steinzel, an old project they had long shelved, called Outlanders. Basically they were going to do their own versions of songs like world in my eyesfrom Depeche Mode, but then we chose our own songs with great guest guitarists, such as Joe Satriani, Al Di Meola and Trevor Rabin,
“That project – he explains – was already underway before the pandemic, but it wasn’t my priority. I started doing it with my friend Torsten on the beautiful island of Montego in the Caribbean, where he lives and where I spend my summers.” Home is home. Every time I went we worked together, but not without a hitch. And thanks to the pandemic, I had time to finish it, record the vocals at home and contact a guitarist. I was able to finish it It was nice to have. Plus, I wrote a book”.
The book of photographs and autobiographical texts by Tarja Turunen, “Singing in My Blood”.
– I was just going to ask you why. singing in my bloodwhich came out recently.
– This came to the fore during the quarantine. A publisher asked me for a photo book, but I offered to write more text and tell a little bit about my story, and they liked the idea. It was great to do, because I went through all my photo collections and to try and remember the things I had forgotten. It was a very interesting process for the soul.
A beautiful or painful procedure?
– Like everything. Life is not just walking the path of rose petals, but I wanted to focus on my music and my creative world and my life, which is closely linked to my music. It was inspirational. I still consider myself young, but I noticed that I did a lot and I was lucky enough to do a lot of different things and I really enjoyed the music I made.
– This is my home in Marbella, Spain. We moved after living in Buenos Aires five years ago. We found a beautiful place and built a house. Here I am in Finland closer to my family.
Tarja and Argentina
-Is your daughter Argentinian?
-Yes. My husband is from Argentina and my daughter was born in Buenos Aires and speaks three languages. He talks to her in Spanish, I in Finnish and in English at school. I miss my Argentine fans. I miss my friends, the food and the feeling of being there. I would go with musicians from Europe and South America. We are finally meeting after such a long time, so we are very excited and happy.
Don’t Trust On this News and Website Maybe it’s Fake
Reference from clarin www.clarin.com