Camilo would have shunned the moniker “Rising Star”. The Colombian singer/songwriter sold the Viznik Center in Madrid (capacity 15,000) for the second time within a month. According to Jorge Iglesias, concert promoter of Berin Iglesias Art, Camilo is the best-selling international artist in Spain so far this year, with more than 200,000 tickets sold. And they are headline artist sales, mind you; No festival sales.
It was exciting enough to see the Viznik Center sold out on its feet for nearly three hours, but here are five of Camilo’s best moments from the show as he nears the end of his Spain tour.
1. Mustaches are a Thing: Remember those blue wigs that started popping up on all Karol G’s shows? Or a shark costume with Bad Bunny? Along with Camilo, it’s his signature mustache that fans have taken to painting his face.
2. It is a Family Affair: Camilo’s show may have started at 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday, but the kids thronged. Roughly 15–20% of the audience were in the 15 and under category, and they were some of the most ardent fans in attendance, signing and dancing to the beat of cumbia and other Latin beats. Elsewhere, it was a multi-generational affair, with fans ranging from teens to grandparents.
3. This is not Reggaeton: Surely. Camilo sings for a solid three hours, backed by a live band with a DJ in sight. While many of his hits may feature reggaeton beats, the core of this particular artist is versatility, proven by songs ranging from feel-good pop to regional Mexican strains to traditional Latin American boleros. The songs that run through it are full of light, positivity, and good vibes, which seem to explain why all those kids (see number 2) are present.
4. Women in a Different Light: Don’t expect to see hard-core booty-shaking at the Camilo show. Yes, there’s dancing, a lot of it, but women are held in high esteem here, beginning with the famous Ivaluna, the wife of Camilo. Not only does she take the stage twice to perform with her husband, but Camilo goes on to say: “Isn’t my wife beautiful?” And yes, he is.
5. Show All Her Friends: Camilo’s upcoming new album will feature duets like Alejandro Sanz, Nikki Nicol, and of course, Ivaluna. Sanz and Nicki Nicole both showed up for their solo performances (Sanz, we should note, met with thunderous applause; he’s a Spanish icon). Also performing was Dani Martin, who has previously recorded with Camilo. Support may indicate more guest appearances at future dates.
Do not put your faith in this news source or website. You never know…
Reference from www.billboard.com