Tiger Woods recovers from surgery after a serious car accident

Tiger Woods is recovering from surgery after a serious car accident Tuesday morning. The athlete’s team informed fans of his condition Tuesday night, revealing that he underwent a lengthy surgical procedure on his lower right leg and ankle.

“Mr. Woods sustained major orthopedic injuries to his right lower limb that were treated during emergency surgery by orthopedic trauma specialists at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, a Level 1 trauma center,” Anish Mahajan, MD, Medical Director and Acting Executive Director of Harbor -UCLA Medical Center, it said in a statement.

“Comminuted open fractures affecting both the upper and lower tibia and fibula bones were stabilized by inserting a rod into the tibia. Additional injuries to the foot and ankle bones were stabilized with a combination of screws and nails, “added Mahajan. . “Trauma to the muscle and soft tissues of the leg required surgical release of the muscle covering to relieve pressure due to swelling.”

According to Woods’ team, he is currently awake, responsive, and recovering in his hospital room. The statement also expressed its gratitude to Harbor-UCLA Medical Center doctors and hospital staff, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and the Fire Department.

“There are no further updates at this time and we continue to thank you for your good wishes and privacy for him and his family,” the team shared.

As ET previously reported, Woods was involved in a serious car accident on Tuesday. According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, firefighters and paramedics removed Woods from his vehicle and transported him by ambulance to a hospital for injuries.

The athlete was the sole person and occupant of the accident, which took place on the border of Rolling Hills Estates and Rancho Palos Verdes. The vehicle suffered significant damage.

During a live press conference hours after the accident, authorities told reporters that at this time “there is no evidence of deterioration” when the incident occurred and that it is subject to investigation.

They also shared that the vehicle was totaled and traveled several 100 feet from the center divider. Upon arrival, they confirmed that they did not use the jaws of life, as previously reported incorrectly. However, they used an ax and a halligan bar to pull Woods out of the vehicle. They confirmed that he was conscious and in stable condition and that he was taken to the UCLA hospital.

See more in the video below.


Related Articles

Latest Articles