Named after Pepe Le Pew, the fox of the Looney tunes and Speedy Gonzales, the mouse, have become a trend, after Charles blow, a New York Times columnist pointed out that Speedy encourages racism and Le Pew helps normalize sexual abuse.
And it is that the columnist celebrated that some characters that promote racism have gone out of circulation, such as Grinch, the Lorax and the Cat in the hat, belonging to the books of the Dr seuss.
Racism must be exorcised from culture, including, or perhaps especially from children’s culture, “Blow said in his column.
Charles Blow emphasized that during his childhood he saw several cartoons that perpetuated stereotypes, such as Speedy Gonzales, whose friends popularized harmful images of Mexicans, drawing them as drunk and lazy, also said that Pepe Le Pew constantly shows violent behavior that fosters the culture of rape.
It should be remembered that during the cartoon the fox spends his time harassing a cat, who constantly runs away from him.
Readers went crazy because I said that Pepe Le Pew added to the rape culture. Let’s see:
- Grabs / kisses a girl / stranger repeatedly with or without consent, against her will.
- She struggles with all her might to get away from him, but he doesn’t give in.
- Close a door to prevent her from escaping, “he wrote on his Twitter account.
RW blogs are mad bc I said Pepe Le Pew added to rape culture. Let’s see.
1. He grabs / kisses a girl / stranger, repeatedly, w / o consent and against her will.
2. She struggles mightily to get away from him, but he won’t release her
3. He locks a door to prevent her from escaping. pic.twitter.com/CbLCldLwvR
– Charles M. Blow (@CharlesMBlow) March 6, 2021