Shai LaBeouf has pleaded not guilty. LaBeouf’s attorney has pleaded not guilty, on petty theft and assault charges, on his behalf of the actor.
The two misdemeanor charges LaBeouf faces stem from an alleged incident in June.
A representative from the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office tells ET that “the defense attorney appeared without Mr. LaBeouf” when the statement was filed. Furthermore, the case was set for January 20, 2021.
According to the criminal complaint obtained by ET in October, the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office files charges against the Honey Boy star for allegedly using force and violence against a man named Tyler Murphy, in addition to removing his hat, in an incident that took place on June 12 in Los Angeles
This is not the first time the actor has been in trouble with the law. ET confirmed in July 2017 that LaBeouf had been arrested for disorderly conduct, public drunkenness and obstruction in Savannah, Georgia.
I was filming the indie movie The peanut butter hawk at the time. The court ordered him to complete rehabilitation after the incident.
He was also arrested for disorderly conduct in 2014.
In an October 2019 interview with Hollywood Reporter Awards Chatter podcast, LaBeouf admitted to being “deeply embarrassed” after his arrest in 2017. The actor further explained that after filming The peanut butter hawk, and entered rehab, he realized he was struggling with more than just alcoholism.
“It was the first time they told me I had PTSD. I had just thought I was an alcoholic,” he said on the podcast, alluding to his troubled childhood, which he recounts in Honey boy. “The things that are in Honey boy it comes out of these exposure therapy sessions. “
Hear more in the video below.