Queen Elizabeth has her first royal engagements since Prince Philip’s funeral

Queen Elizabeth II has returned to work after the funeral of her beloved husband, Prince Philip.

Her Majesty the Queen carried out a series of royal engagements on Tuesday, the first since the Duke of Edinburgh was buried on April 17. He died on April 9 at the age of 99.

Queen Elizabeth began her morning with two virtual audiences with incoming ambassadors, broadcast via video link from Windsor Castle. Audiences are one-on-one encounters with the Queen and are a key element of her daily work. The reigning monarch was all smiles in the images released from the virtual event.

Her Excellency Mrs. Ivita Burmistre, Ambassador of the Republic of Latvia, presented the Letters of Revocation of her predecessor and her own Letters of Credence on the Court of St. James. Meanwhile, Ms. Sara Affoué Amani presented her predecessor’s Letters of Revocation and her own Letters of Credence as Ambassador of the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire.

The virtual appearances come less than a week after the British monarch turned 95. The royal family revealed via social media at the time that Queen Elizabeth would remain at Windsor Castle “during a period of royal mourning following the death of the Duke of Edinburgh” for her historic birthday.

In addition, Queen Elizabeth released a personal message of her own to the public, thanking them for their love and support.

“While as a family we are in a period of great sadness, it has been a comfort to all to see and hear the tributes paid to my husband, from the UK, the Commonwealth and around the world,” she said. statement read. “My family and I want to thank you all for the support and kindness you have shown us over the past few days. We have been deeply moved and we continue to remember that Philip had such an extraordinary impact on countless people throughout his life.”

As ET previously reported, Prince Philip’s private ceremony was held within St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle and included 30 close members of the royal family in the congregation, including Prince Philip’s son, the Prince. Carlos, as well as Prince William, Kate Middleton and the Prince. Harry. It was televised both locally in the UK and internationally.

Following the Duke of Edinburgh’s death earlier this month, the Palace released a moving tribute, sharing a sweet quote from the Queen from 1997.

“He has simply been my strength and my permanence all these years, and I, and his entire family, and this and many other countries, we owe him a greater debt than we would ever claim, or ever know,” said Queen. . Elizabeth expressed at that time.

Hear more in the video below.

RELATED CONTENT:


Related Articles

Latest Articles