Prince Philip will remain in the hospital, after he was admitted earlier this week.
A royal source tells ET that after a consultation with his doctor, the Duke of Edinburgh is likely to “remain in hospital for observation and rest for the weekend and into the next week.”
“The doctor is acting very cautiously. The Duke remains in a good mood,” adds the source.
The 99-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II was hospitalized and transferred to King Edward VII Hospital in London on Tuesday night. In a statement, Buckingham Palace said it was “a precautionary measure” on the advice of his doctor after not feeling well.
At the time, a royal source told ET that he traveled by car to the hospital and was not admitted as an emergency, but instead entered the hospital without help. The source also claimed that Philip’s illness is not related to COVID-19. He and the queen received their COVID-19 vaccinations last month, publicly sharing the news to avoid inaccuracies and further speculation.
The news comes on the same day that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle confirmed their departure as active members of the royal family, after a one-year probationary period.
Buckingham Palace issued a statement on Friday, noting that Harry and his grandmother discussed the decision.
“Therefore, the honorary military appointments and royal patronages of the dukes will be returned to His Majesty, before being redistributed among the working members of the royal family,” the statement read. “Although everyone is saddened by his decision, the Duke and Duchess are still very dear members of the family.”
See more in the video below.