Lewis Hamilton tests positive for COVID-19, withdraws from Sakhir Grand Prix

Lewis Hamilton tested positive for COVID-19. The 35-year-old racing driver shared the news on Instagram on Tuesday, revealing that he was forced to withdraw from the upcoming Sakhir Grand Prix in Bahrain.

“I am devastated that I will not race this weekend,” wrote Hamilton. “Since we started the season in June, my team and I have been taking every possible precaution and following regulations everywhere to stay safe.”

“Unfortunately, even though I had three negative results last week, I woke up yesterday morning with mild symptoms and requested another test which came back positive. I immediately isolated myself for 10 days,” he explained.

Hamilton said he was “devastated” not being able to race this weekend, but that his priority was to follow protocols and prevent further spread of the virus.

“I am very lucky to feel good with mild symptoms and will do my best to stay fit and healthy,” he shared. “Please take care of yourself. You can never be too careful. These are worrying times for everyone and we must make sure that we take care of ourselves and others. Stay positive.”

Hamilton is one of several celebrities who recently tested positive for COVID-19, including Bad Bunny, who had to abandon his scheduled appearance at the AMAs last month. In a recent interview with ET, the rapper said that despite his diagnosis, he was fine.

“I’m healthy. You know, I have COVID right now, but I’m still healthy,” he shared. “I feel good.”

RELATED CONTENT:


Related Articles

Latest Articles