This afternoon we tell you that Kim Kardashian filed for divorce from Kanye West, making their separation official, but what does it mean. Does it mean that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are already divorced or that Kim Kardashian is already single?
Actually the divorce processes in the United States vary depending on the state, in the case of Kim Kardashian, the application was filed in California.
According to the California Courts website, the divorce process is as follows:
- The person who starts the case in court (in this case Kim Kardashian) must determine if they want a divorce. (Step already completed)
- Kim must see if she can come to terms on the terms of Kanye West’s divorce or legal separation
- The plaintiff (Kardashian) must obtain and fill out all required forms
- Kim Kardashian must file her forms with the court (the news that we tell you this afternoon)… Y this is what follows:
- A person, at least 18 years of age, who is not involved in the case, gives the other spouse (in this case Kanye) or member of the couple copies of the court forms.
- The defendant (Kanye West) decides how he wants to handle the case.
- If the defendant (Kanye) chooses to file an answer, fill out the necessary forms and file them with the court clerk.
- A person, at least 18 years old and not involved in the case, will give the plaintiff (Kim) a copy of the defendant’s forms (Kanye)
- The parties make a preliminary statement of disclosure
- To allow a couple to divorce or legally separate, the court must approve and sign a judgment. The process of obtaining a judgment will depend on whether the defendant files an answer and whether the spouses can reach an agreement on the terms of the divorce or legal separation. The terms of the divorce are part of the judgment.
That is, they are not yet legally separated, although it is speculated that the couple no longer live on the same property since the end of last year.
Why are Kim Kardashian and Kanye West getting divorced? Here the reasons
Various media point out that There are several reasons behind the divorce of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Y one of them would have arisen in South Carolina.
It has been reported that Kim Kardashian was very offended when Kanye West, on a tour to promote his running for president last year, stated that he and the internet star had considered aborting their first daughter: North..
Kim Kardashian, as reported in media such as Variety, TMZ and ET, was very offended that Kanye spoke so relaxed on the subject, since she knows that your daughter will see that statement sometime when she is older.
Another reason for divorce is that, during a bipolar crisis, Kanye West noted that Kris Jenner and Kim Kardashian were holding him against his will.
What about Kimye’s divorce?
Various sources have reported that the divorce between Kim and Kanye is amicable and that Kardashian has already requested legal and physical custody of the four children they share, something that Kanye has not opposed. Also, remember that the couple has a prenuptial agreement.
In California, according to the California Courts site, at least 6 months must pass after the request to finalize the divorce, when couples have been married for more than 5 years, such is the case of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
Now that you know if Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have already divorced and what the process is like, it is a matter of time to see how things will end.