25 C
London
Wednesday, August 10, 2022

dismissed his case for sexual abuse

- Advertisement -

A woman who sued Bob Dylan for allegedly sexually abusing her When she was 12 years old, she dropped the case after the artist’s lawyers accused her of destroying evidence.

In August of last year, the plaintiff, whose identity is not known, filed a lawsuit alleging that Dylan molested her over a period of six weeks!between April and May 1965!

The lawsuit said the singer “had exploited his prestige as a musician” to provide “alcohol and drugs, and sexual abuse” of the woman.

Bob Dylan live in 2012. AFP Photo

Bob Dylan live in 2012. AFP Photo

On Wednesday of this week, Dylan’s legal team sent a letter to federal court accusing the plaintiff of deleting important text messages, and suggested “monetary penalties” were necessary.

On Thursday, yesterday, the same team reported that the woman had dropped the case. “The case is over”Orin Snyder, Dylan’s lead attorney, said in a statement to the agency. AFP.

The original complaint

The complainant today is 68 years old and lives in the town of Greenwich, Connecticut. She also accused Dylan, who turned 81 in May, of physically threatening the girl.

The complainant argued that the musician’s actions led her to suffer permanent “depression and anxiety”, traumas that have not allowed her to carry out normal activities throughout her life.

Specifically, he accused him of “assault, battery, false arrest and emotional harm”. The alleged abuse would have occurred in the apartment that Dylan had in the famous Chelsea Hotel in New York, according to the lawsuit.

bob dylan

bob dylan

The representative of the famous American musician – whose real name is Robert Zimmermann-, kept the issue almost secret while the “counterclaim” actions were carried out (in the best Johnny Depp) and did not usually respond to requests from the media.

In a statement to the newspaper USATodayat the time, the spokesman only hinted at the thick words of his client when he said that “The 56-year-old claim is false and will be vigorously contested.”

It was also commented among fans on social networks that the dates did not make sense: Dylan was not in the United States in the months of the alleged complaint. He was touring Europe.

The lawsuit was filed before the end of the period that had been opened in New York to file child sexual abuse charges that had prescribed under a law approved in the state in February 2019.

An earlier controversy

Bob Dylan in 1965. Photo: AP

Bob Dylan in 1965. Photo: AP

The author had already experienced an uncomfortable situation when, back in 2014, a French court ruled in his favor when he had been accused of “incitement to hatred by a Croatian group”.

Old Bob’s statements to the magazine rolling stone in France the Croatian-born did not like them at all. “If you have Ku Klux Klan in your blood, blacks can tell even today. Just like Jews can tell Nazi blood and Serbs can tell Croatian blood.”

Criticism rained down Representative Council of the Croatian Community and Institutions in France he sued him, but the charges were dismissed.

Dylan is considered one of the greatest singer-songwriters of all time. His most notable works include Blowin’ In The Wind, The Times They Are a-ChanginY Like A Rolling Stone.

sold more than 125 million of albums in the world and won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2016 for his lyrics.

mfb

Don’t Trust On this News and Website Maybe it’s Fake

Reference from clarin www.clarin.com

- Advertisement -
Latest news
- Advertisement -
Related news