Dave Chappelle reveals he spoke to his alleged attacker after the incident

Dave Chappelle reveals he spoke to his alleged attacker after the incident

Dave Chappelle has opened up about his alleged Hollywood Bowl attacker during a performance Thursday night at the famed Comedy Store in West Hollywood, California.

An eyewitness told ET that the 48-year-old comedian performed for a star-studded crowd that included Kim Kardashian, Diddy, Jeff Ross and Chris Rock. According to eyewitnesses, Chappell told onlookers that he had convinced police to speak to the alleged assailant, who has been identified by police as Isaiah Lee.

Eyewitnesses said Chappell spoke to Lee Tuesday night shortly after the alleged attack, but just before police pulled him out. Chappelle claims that Lee told him that the attack was about seeking attention for his grandmother, who had been driven out of her neighborhood due to gentrification.

At one point, Rock joined Chappelle onstage and joked about the bizarre incident that unfolded Tuesday night during the Netflix Is a Joke festival.

“At least you bumped into someone iconic,” Chappell quipped Rock, referring to Will Smith’s Oscar slap heard “Around the World.” “I got hit by a homeless man with leaves in his hair!” Eyewitnesses said that Rock responded, “I found the softest n***a to ever rap.” This is the second time that The Rock has mentioned Smith since Chappell was attacked.

Rapper and actor Mos Def also took to the stage and dropped a few bars. Chappelle ended the show by taking a shot at downtown Los Angeles, as he looked at Diddy and said, “I’m at the place where you sat in the car, as if Biggie Smalls died. … I hate this city.”

As far as the alleged attacker is concerned, LA City Attorney Mike Feuer announced Thursday that his office has filed charges against Lee.

“This alleged assault could have consequences,” said Feuer, who filed misdemeanor charges including battery, possession of a weapon with intent to assault, and “charges related to interfering with a demonstration.”

“My office takes protecting public safety very seriously,” Feuer said, “and we’re going to prosecute this matter vigorously.”

The new charges come after the LA County District Attorney’s Office declared that “the evidence as presented does not constitute felony conduct.” After this the matter went to the Municipal Commissioner’s office.

Related Content:

Don’t Trust On this News and Website Maybe it’s Fake

Reference from www.etonline.com