During Koro’s tenure, Akshay Kumar donated crores of rupees to many organizations, including the PM-CARES fund
Akshay Kumar has come forward to help flood-hit Bihar and Assam. According to reports, he has sworn in Rs 1-1 crore in the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund of both the states. On August 13, he spoke to the chief ministers of the two states on the matter. Both the Chief Ministers thanked him for his generosity and also praised him for his help.
In Koro’s time, Akshay helped by opening his heart
Earlier, Akshay Kumar had contributed Rs 25 crore to the PM-CARES fund in the fight against Korona. Apart from this, he gave Rs 3 crore to BMC to buy masks, PPE and rapid fire kits. He has also donated Rs 2 crore to the Mumbai Police Foundation. Not only that, he donated Rs 45 lakh to the Cine & TV Artists Association to help the day laborers.
Khiladi Kumar has helped a lot in the past
- In January 2017, Akshay shared a video on social media in which he said that he wanted to come up with a website or mobile app for the families of martyrs through which even the common man can help the families of martyrs. He then went to the Home Ministry and discussed the matter with the officers there and two and a half months later his dream came true. In April 2017, the Union Home Ministry launched the Bharat Ke Veer mobile app and portal. Through it, any citizen of the country can donate from Rs 1 to help the soldiers according to their ability. This amount is used to help the family of the martyr and the army.
- In February 2019, a mob of CRPF personnel was attacked in Pulwama, Jammu, and Kashmir, in which more than 40 personnel were killed. After the attack, Akshay Kumar donated Rs 5 crore to Bharat Ke Veer Trust.
- Extreme levels of flood danger were announced in July 2019 in Assam. Akshay then donated Rs 1-1 crore to CM Relief Fund and Kaziranga National Park Relief Fund. “I am saddened to learn of the damage caused by the floods in Assam,” he wrote. In such a crisis, both humans and animals need help. I would like to contribute Rs 1-1 crore to CM Relief Fund and Kaziranga National Park Fund and appeal to others to help as well.
- Even when Kerala was flooded in 2018, Akshay Kumar contributed to the CM Relief Fund. He sent a check for help to his friend Priyadarshan to Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan. It was not immediately clear how much money he donated.
- In March 2020, Akshay donated Rs 1.5 crore for the country’s first transgender shelter home to be built in Chennai. Akshay is in the role of a transgender in his upcoming film Lakshmi Bomb.
- Hurricane Fanny in May 2019 caused damage in many parts of the country. Orissa suffered the most when Akshay donated Rs 1 crore to the CM Relief Fund there.
- When the floods in Chennai in December 2015 caused damage, Bhumika Trust donated Rs 1 crore to help the flood victims.
- Apart from giving Rs 5 crore to the Pulwama martyr, Akshay also donated Rs 15 lakh to Sundari Devi, wife of Jeet Ram Gurjar, who was martyred in the same attack. Jeet Ram was the sole earner of his family. This amount he gave through Bharat or Veer Trust.
Bollywood’s highest-earning actor in 2020
A few days ago, Forbes Magazine released a list of the world’s highest-earning actors in 2020. The only Bollywood star was Akshay Kumar. Its earnings are Rs 362 crore and it is at number six in the list. He has surpassed stars like Will Smith, Jackie Chan in earnings. Most of Akshay’s earnings come from brand endorsements.